World Wide Opportunities Organic Farms and Local Volunteers
Springstone Farm has been supporting WWOOF, College interns and local volunteers since 2014. Here are a few words about our guests:
- Morgan, a high school senior, rescued a chicken and called Springstone to see if we could take her, which of course we did. Morgan's been volunteering at Springstone weekly ever since. She made the animal rescue and organic practices the subject of her civil leadership class. Morgan seems well on her way to becoming a generational leader!
- Ethan, a local 20 something volunteer, takes great care of the chickens and other animals. Ethan also did some gardening last year and hopes to own and operate a farm some day.
- Bella stayed with us the summer of 2016. She took on all the chores and helped extract the 2016 honey. She designed & painted the new Springstone chicken sign.
- Regina has been visiting us weekly for over a year. She does morning chores on Tuesdays and sometimes brings her daughter Victoria, who loves the chickens.
- Meg started working with us as a college intern in 2016; she loves the animals and has been a great help with the barn chores. Meg stayed on long passed her intership and still comes to visit weekly.
- Becky visited from California in 2017. She's passionate about homesteading & food independence. Becky is an amazing artist and found inspiration for her work while staying at Springstone. Becky created the Springstone brand artwork!
- Sucre visited us from China in July 2017. He is a very hardworking dedicated responsible young man. He was great with the animals and the garden. Sucre went out to sea on Princess Cruises the end of August. We wish him the best and hope to stay in touch.
- Giorgia found us through the website. Giorgia volunteers her time a few times a week, when she's not in class at Brookdale or working part time. Giorgia has done a great job keeping all the habitats clean and she spends quality time with the the donkeys, pigs and goats. We have to lock up two of our roosters, Drogo & Harry, when she comes because they stalk and attack her when she's least expecting it!
- Alizee, graduated from medical school in France and came to visit us in the summer of 2018. When she returns home she'll begins her residency. She loved the farm and visiting NYC and Philadelphia.
- Anja just turned 18 and visited us from Germany after she graduated high school in 2018. She is a strict vegan, off to college and setting out to change the world. When I asked her how her parents let her come on her own, she said, I started the negotiation by saying i wanted to go to India!